Advertisement:

Author Topic: Publish not working after upgrade to 3.7.4 and Modern 5.1.0  (Read 287 times)

olympic

Publish not working after upgrade to 3.7.4 and Modern 5.1.0
« on: January 12, 2018, 08:45:36 am »
I upgraded our site to osclass 3.7.4 and also upgraded our modern theme to 5.1.0.  Everything seems to be in order with one crucial exception, the publishing of new listings.  When someone goes to click "Publish" on their new listing nothing happens at all.  I enabled the debug log in config.php and no debug log is being generated.  I suspect it's a jquery/javascript issue but I could be wrong.
 We only have three plugins on the site:  "More Edits"m, "Ads 4 OSClass" and "Terms and Conditions". 

I'd welcome suggestions on how to resolve this.  Thanks!

dev101

• Osclass Hero
  • osclass.work
Re: Publish not working after upgrade to 3.7.4 and Modern 5.1.0
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:45:47 pm »
Hi, you must create "debug.log" file first manually inside /oc-content/ dir.

Also, for js errors open dev console in your browser.

olympic

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 08:47:08 pm »
I have debug.log present and no errors are generating to it.  I know the log is working because there are some unrelated errors showing up, but nothing with my attempt to publish a new listing.

Also, in chrome I have tried using the developer console but nothing is showing in the js tab for the console.  I've tried the firefox web console as well and here is what I get there:

When first opening the page I get:
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead.

When I click "publish" nothing happens and no additional information is written to the web console.

I will try to research further but if anyone has any ideas please let me know.  thanks

Aficionado

• issues
  • Hardliner
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 09:51:03 pm »
Ads for Osclass is (i think) discontinued. Disable all 3 plugins and try again.

In your debug.log are there any ERRORS (not notices but warnings/errors).

Also switch to bender theme and try again.

If you want/can, write your site url.

dev101

• Osclass Hero
  • osclass.work
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 10:41:12 pm »
I have debug.log present and no errors are generating to it.

Also, in chrome I have tried using the developer console but nothing is showing in the js tab for the console.

Edit: actually, you haven't explained what do you mean by "nothing happens at all" ? Like submit/publish button isn't working and the page is static or do you get a blank page? And nothing in the logs anywhere.

Could be plugin related, you didn't mention from what older version did you upgrade? That possibility depends primarily on that. Also, switch to default Bender theme for a quick test. But, could be that some required field isn't filled in and so you cannot submit it (hence, no errors), but why don't see them is another issue (maybe css or js).

Also, disable browser extensions, if you use them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:46:21 pm by dev101 »

olympic

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 10:48:57 pm »
I tried disabling each of the three plugins and none of those made a difference.  Switching over to the bender theme did fix the problem so for now I am running that and will need to spend a little time styling it.

I had upgraded from I believe it was osclass 3.4.2 and modern 4.1.  The only issue I seemed to have was in publishing new listings.  That was resolved by just going to Bender and I have re-enabled the plugins and all seems to be okay.

olympic

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 11:18:37 pm »
And to clarify "nothing happens at all", what I was experiencing was that nothing was happening at all.  When you would click "publish" nothing happened.  There was no submission to a white page or anything, just literally it acted as if the button had not been clicked.

At this point moving to Bender has resolved that issue.  Thanks everyone.