Advertisement:

Author Topic: Add new section "Business Showcase"  (Read 68 times)

kiluas

Add new section "Business Showcase"
« on: June 19, 2017, 04:06:41 am »
I am just getting started with using Osclass and I was wondering if it would be possible with any already existing plugins or themes to add another section to the website except for the default "announcements". What I would like is to be able to add another user category (businesses) that require a) a profile with elevated privileges & b) products/services listing.

I think that it could add an extra functionality to my website to differentiate between us and the 100k other announcement websites that exist out there, but I'm not sure if it's viable with Osclass.

Liath

• #Kurt_Cobain { margin-bottom: -6.5ft; }
Re: Add new section "Business Showcase"
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 05:39:25 am »
Osclass has just an extra database field b_company for users to toggle between company and normal user, but it's not in use with core functionality. There was sometimes a try to turn Osclass into this what you want to achieve, but mostly it was given up, like myself... i have to many other projects to follow this also.

When you have knowledge in programming, it should be easy to achieve what you want, but you have to do it by yourself.

kiluas

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 03:20:40 pm »
Osclass has just an extra database field b_company for users to toggle between company and normal user, but it's not in use with core functionality. There was sometimes a try to turn Osclass into this what you want to achieve, but mostly it was given up, like myself... i have to many other projects to follow this also.

When you have knowledge in programming, it should be easy to achieve what you want, but you have to do it by yourself.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

I saw a couple of threads on the forum that mentioned it's not possible, so I was thinking I could do it in Wordpress easily. But to be honest I really like the look and the feel of Osclass so I'd rather work a bit more. Can you point me towards development discussions concerning this topic? I need to create a general idea what needs to be done in order for this feature to be added to the main functionalities.

Liath

• #Kurt_Cobain { margin-bottom: -6.5ft; }
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 03:56:12 pm »
What needs to be done depends on what you want to achieve.

When you only want to have different user types (user, business) that is pretty easy to do. There you only need to write some functions to show e.g. different profiles or something else.

When you want to have different functionality (user can post ads, business can create own "store" with items), then you have to write the complete functionality by your own.

At first you should have a look into the documentation of Osclass, there you can see what is all possible. After you dived deeper into the code of osclass, there is nothing you can't do ;)