Advertisement:

Author Topic: Stop ‘Osclass Project’ dying  (Read 4169 times)

Dis

• Professional Development
Re: Stop ‘Osclass Project’ dying
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2019, 09:02:06 pm »
Then it's in your (all of you) power to stop this kind of discussios about who is better and who is worse. Agreed?
Easily.

Dimal

« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2019, 09:05:56 pm »
Then it's in your (all of you) power to stop this kind of discussios about who is better and who is worse. Agreed?

Marius it is really simple. Very.

Navjot's work at Github. While you all fight here, he is working daily to update and fix things. Everything else is mumbo-jumbo. Just talk.

New Forums everywhere for Osclass, imaginary projects that we have never seen, etc etc.

The reallity is (for now) Navjot's work. Sorry but this the truth.

marius-ciclistu

• issues
  • "BE GRATEFUL TO THOSE THAT SUPPORTED YOU"
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2019, 09:20:21 pm »
That is no reason for us (or you) to fight here:)

I remember that opencart got criticism online for duplicate code etc etc etc. Still, it was and still is an opensource project that is used by many bussines owners that want a cheap online shop.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 09:27:36 pm by marius-ciclistu »

Dimal

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2019, 09:28:14 pm »
That is no reason for us (or you) to fight here:)

I don't fight with anyone, because i'm just a osclass webmaster in my country.

This is a developers fight or other obscure people.

WEBmods

« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2019, 09:43:54 pm »
Back to real Osclass talk, I will need testers for my modified fork from @navjottomer that removes everything related to the market. I am posting repository link soon.

Dimal

« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2019, 09:48:33 pm »
Back to real Osclass talk, I will need testers for my modified fork from @navjottomer that removes everything related to the market. I am posting repository link soon.

Do we know if that un-dressing from Osclass market is something 100% legal ? Do we know what Osclass company thinks about that ?

Because it is a big step.

WEBmods

« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2019, 10:01:05 pm »

Do we know if that un-dressing from Osclass market is something 100% legal ? Do we know what Osclass company thinks about that ?

Because it is a big step.

It's fully legal. Osclass is licensed under Apache 2.0 - https://github.com/osclass/Osclass/blob/master/licenses.txt

The Apache License is a permissive free software license written by the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) ... ... Like other free software licenses, the license allows the user of the software the freedom to use the software for any purpose, to distribute it, to modify it, and to distribute modified versions of the software, under the terms of the license, without concern for royalties

Regards.

Dimal

« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2019, 10:15:22 pm »

It's fully legal. Osclass is licensed under Apache 2.0 - https://github.com/osclass/Osclass/blob/master/licenses.txt

Ok, but i guess they have the right to say something about it, they created it.

BritWeb

• If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2019, 10:17:42 pm »

Hi folks

I don’t mean any offence.

Isn’t it wise that we all wait for a definitive statement from Osclass before stripping anything off of this script?

All these years, they let us use this wonderful script for free (and sure they will continue to do so) and we don’t want to upset them without knowing what their intentions are at this point in time.

Regards
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:20:07 pm by BritWeb »

Dimal

« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2019, 10:28:24 pm »

Isn’t it wise that we all wait for a definitive statement from Osclass before stripping anything off of this script?

All these years, they let us use this wonderful script for free (and sure they will continue to do so) and we don’t want to upset them without knowing what their intentions are at this point in time.

Sure, agreed. But they don't say anything about anything.

The least they can do is tell us what the future will be.

WEBmods

« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2019, 10:37:25 pm »

Hi folks

Regards

That's what I thought, @BritWeb. But we asked them a lot and there's been no response. I asked them myself a few times even, nothing...

Everyone can do what he wants with the script - that's the meaning of open source.

BritWeb

• If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2019, 10:39:33 pm »
We would like to thank you for your effort and the trust you put in this project throughout the years. Unfortunately, we have not been able to turn this venture into a profitable business.
Osclass, as a free software project, will be accessible and open to everyone as before, so we encourage you to continue developing plugins and themes for all of the users who still rely on our script.

Looking at the above I see no reason to panic that they will abandon the project altogether. I truly believe that they have plans to restructure a few bits and pieces to make the whole thing better. Let's wait and hope for the best.

Regards

WEBmods

« Reply #252 on: August 13, 2019, 10:45:05 pm »
We would like to thank you for your effort and the trust you put in this project throughout the years. Unfortunately, we have not been able to turn this venture into a profitable business.
Osclass, as a free software project, will be accessible and open to everyone as before, so we encourage you to continue developing plugins and themes for all of the users who still rely on our script.

Looking at the above I see no reason to panic that they will abandon the project altogether. I truly believe that they have plans to restructure a few bits and pieces to make the whole thing better. Let's wait and hope for the best.

Regards

Yes, I was hoping that they won't abandon the project... But in that case they would answer us, right? Or update the script? Or admins would be active this month...

calinbehtuk

« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2019, 10:51:26 pm »

Regards

I don't want to be rude, or this to be misinterpreted but I don't see any of "them", just one guy that moderate this forum and some developers that try to avoid the inevitable.
The major players from osclass team are gone, and if you do some search you will find them active in other projects and you will see that they left osclass.
In my eyes, this is a response about the direction of this project.

But again I don't want to be rude, and everyone can have their own opinion, or they can research an get to the same conclusion.

Or maybe i am wrong! Who knows....

WEBmods

« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2019, 12:01:40 am »

Regards

I don't want to be rude, or this to be misinterpreted but I don't see any of "them", just one guy that moderate this forum and some developers that try to avoid the inevitable.
The major players from osclass team are gone, and if you do some search you will find them active in other projects and you will see that they left osclass.
In my eyes, this is a response about the direction of this project.

But again I don't want to be rude, and everyone can have their own opinion, or they can research an get to the same conclusion.

Or maybe i am wrong! Who knows....

I think you aren't wrong. I've seen a long ago they aren't active in Osclass anymore...

Anyways, pull request that removes Market and upgrade functions completly (no errors) is added: https://github.com/navjottomer/Osclass/pull/22