Advertisement:

Author Topic: Stop ‘Osclass Project’ dying  (Read 4167 times)

Dimal

Re: Stop ‘Osclass Project’ dying
« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2019, 12:57:45 am »

I don't want to be rude, or this to be misinterpreted but I don't see any of "them", just one guy that moderate this forum and some developers that try to avoid the inevitable.
The major players from osclass team are gone, and if you do some search you will find them active in other projects and you will see that they left osclass.
In my eyes, this is a response about the direction of this project.

But again I don't want to be rude, and everyone can have their own opinion, or they can research an get to the same conclusion.

Or maybe i am wrong! Who knows....

You got me curious and YES you are correct. Checking tweeter, i see them in other projects very active ....

so ....

WEBmods

« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2019, 11:09:01 am »
My fork without ties with Osclass Market has passed all my tests, no errors. @navjottomer merged it into develop branch and it should be released in new version.

navjottomer

• Tutor
  • I am here
« Reply #257 on: August 14, 2019, 11:44:20 am »
Hi Everyone,
I read the thread and found some interesting thoughts. Currently, I don't know what will happen with osclass and with this forum itself.
IF and it's a big IF, this forum goes offline and osclass development continues at the pace it is now, then we may create an alternative( compatible with current osclass ecosystem) from my GitHub repo on which others are also contributing and can contribute.

My Idea about any new Osclass market:
I like to add a market to osclass but I wouldn't even think of selling pro plugins or themes on that market. That is what made conflict on osclass development which was rapidly growing before all this mumbo-jumbo. If there will be any market in my version of osclass then it will be an open market to give inbuilt functionality for installing and updating free plugins from that market (and open repo on GitHub).

If anyone wants to promote themselves than contribute to that market freely and people may buy something from you if they like your contribution.
I have sensed all of this and even posted about this in this forum. My post and thread were deleted and I am not sure if the same happens with this one. Many wonderful developers left osclass community because of these things.
My understanding of an open community is that it should be open in everything and profit shouldn't come before openness and need to trust in the community.
My focus will be to keep osclass or it's alternative open. Currently, there is no big goal now.
But if you are interested in pro plugins or themes in supposedly market than do not even consider my work. I am not against premium plugins or theme ( I too sell one theme) but they shouldn't be sold on the open platform. 

Regards Everyone.

Tetrydy

« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2019, 12:01:02 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I read the thread and found some interesting thoughts. Currently, I don't know what will happen with osclass and with this forum itself.
IF and it's a big IF, this forum goes offline and osclass development continues at the pace it is now, then we may create an alternative( compatible with current osclass ecosystem) from my GitHub repo on which others are also contributing and can contribute.

I like to add a market to osclass but I wouldn't even think of selling pro plugins or themes on that market. That is what made conflict on osclass development which was rapidly growing before all this mumbo-jumbo. If there will be any market in my version of osclass then it will be an open market to give inbuilt functionality for installing and updating free plugins from that market (and open repo on GitHub).

If anyone wants to promote themselves than contribute to that market freely and people may buy something from you if they like your contribution.
I have sensed all of this and even posted about this in this forum. My post and thread were deleted and I am not sure if the same happens with this one. Many wonderful developers left osclass community because of these things.
My understanding of an open community is that it should be open in everything and profit shouldn't come before openness and need to trust in the community.
My focus will be to keep osclass or it's alternative open. Currently, there is no big goal now.
But if you are interested in pro plugins or themes in supposedly market than do not even consider my work. I am not against premium plugins or theme ( I too sell one theme) but they shouldn't be sold on the open platform. 

Regards Everyone.

;D ;D ;D 👍👍👍👍👍

WEBmods

« Reply #259 on: August 14, 2019, 12:14:59 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Regards Everyone.

I am definitely interested in this. I have a few plugins I would like to add... Regarding the deleted thread, please check the mail I've sent you.

Dimal

« Reply #260 on: August 14, 2019, 01:42:36 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Personally i do not want to be tied up with ANY kind of such Market. Paid, Free, whatever. Maybe such a market could be just a plugin and if anyone wants to use it, be optional.

There are many reasons for that, security is one of them.

WEBmods

« Reply #261 on: August 14, 2019, 01:53:02 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Personally i do not want to be tied up with ANY kind of such Market. Paid, Free, whatever. Maybe such a market could be just a plugin and if anyone wants to use it, be optional.

There are many reasons for that, security is one of them.

The Market would be just a site where you can download the products. It would not be connected with the script. A plugin that would be optional and would offer update support would be nice.

WEBmods

« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2019, 02:34:13 pm »
Another proof that OSC Team has given up - osclass.uservoice.com is forbidden. It's a site where users would add their suggestions for the script. I would visit it often to get ideas for premium plugins...

marius-ciclistu

• issues
  • "BE GRATEFUL TO THOSE THAT SUPPORTED YOU"
« Reply #263 on: August 14, 2019, 07:02:15 pm »
@navjottomer  You think just like me. Open is open and free:) just like ubuntu.

WEBmods

« Reply #264 on: August 14, 2019, 08:31:24 pm »
@navjottomer  You think just like me. Open is open and free:) just like ubuntu.

I prefer Linux Mint. ;D

Resta

« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2019, 01:12:05 am »
Thanks to Navjot, Patrick (webmods) and any other developers involved with and contributing to osclass git to keep it going and last but not least thanks to the osclass team - whether or not they choose to continue further development.

However, it would be nice to know by the end of this week from osclass team whether or not they plan to release update to the script (minus all the market dependencies) so we can know whether to wait for the update or start updating our sites now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:21:45 am by Resta »

marius-ciclistu

• issues
  • "BE GRATEFUL TO THOSE THAT SUPPORTED YOU"
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2019, 10:48:55 am »

Anyways, pull request that removes Market and upgrade functions completly (no errors) is added: https://github.com/navjottomer/Osclass/pull/22

I just had a look on the changes.. huge change list:) I was thinking of doing the mods manually to my osclass, but for now, my surgically made changes that don't allow the code you removed to be used, satisfy my needs:)

Dimal

« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2019, 12:42:47 pm »
I will continue my life with osclass at github.

Sick and tired to read posts about people that want to "save" Osclass by creating a forum and a market and a rocket for Osclass.

Finally Osclass will have 100 forums for it, all empty, with the admins faking new users.

Dimal

« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2019, 12:45:37 pm »
God save us from all those who want to save Osclass.

navjottomer

• Tutor
  • I am here
« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2019, 04:40:38 pm »
Slight overreaction from everyone.