Advertisement:

Author Topic: [Help] Updating osclasswizard theme (Messed up CSS)  (Read 132 times)

WillySosa

[Help] Updating osclasswizard theme (Messed up CSS)
« on: June 12, 2017, 05:18:23 am »
Hi everyone,
I have used osclasswizard 1.xx for more than a year. with some html modifications.
Today, I updated it to 2.0.4 and the css and general appearance is messed up.
Does anyone know how to solve it?
Thanks in advance !

Liath

• #Kurt_Cobain { margin-bottom: -6.5ft; }
Re: [Help] Updating osclasswizard theme (Messed up CSS)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 05:24:03 am »
can/want you post a link to your site?

WillySosa

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 09:31:25 pm »
For some reason I ignore, my boss didn't allow me to post the website address on the forum here.
But as another hint, I realized that when I upload the new version of osclasswizards to the theme folder and rename it to osclasswizards2 for example,
When I install from the osclass admin dashboard the theme appears fine but when I go to the theme settings there is an error.
Can this information help please?

Liath

• #Kurt_Cobain { margin-bottom: -6.5ft; }
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 11:59:02 pm »
no... i need to see the source code, to have a look what is going wrong

some errors can be
  • missing files
  • wrong directory
  • wrong pathes

when the page loads, but it is messed up, normally it is caused by missing stylesheets, do you have some errors in your browser console?

BritWeb

• If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 01:35:23 am »
For some reason I ignore, my boss didn't allow me to post the website address on the forum here.
But as another hint, I realized that when I upload the new version of osclasswizards to the theme folder and rename it to osclasswizards2 for example,
When I install from the osclass admin dashboard the theme appears fine but when I go to the theme settings there is an error.

Right, you have uploaded the theme 'osclasswizards', renamed it to osclasswizards2 and activated that 'osclasswizards2' as your site theme. The site works fine but you are unable to access osclasswizards settings on the admin panel; now upload another copy of 'osclasswizards' theme to the themes folder and leave it there. Everything should be fine.

Regards

WillySosa

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 12:44:47 pm »

Right, you have uploaded the theme 'osclasswizards', renamed it to osclasswizards2 and activated that 'osclasswizards2' as your site theme. The site works fine but you are unable to access osclasswizards settings on the admin panel; now upload another copy of 'osclasswizards' theme to the themes folder and leave it there. Everything should be fine.

Regards

Thanks a lot, I have now access to the theme control panel but now the languages don't work on some parts of the theme like the "Publish a free Ad" button, it's stuck on English no matter the language I activate and I can't change the banner from the control panel, I can only change the default theme css in the panel.
Is there something I can do?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 12:48:39 pm by WillySosa »

WillySosa

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 12:46:08 pm »
no... i need to see the source code, to have a look what is going wrong

some errors can be
  • missing files
  • wrong directory
  • wrong pathes

when the page loads, but it is messed up, normally it is caused by missing stylesheets, do you have some errors in your browser console?
I will see and let you know but apparently all files are where they are supposed to be. isn't it a cache problem?

Aficionado

• Hardliner
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 05:39:19 pm »
Also since you are updating from an old version, it would be a great idea to enable Osclass debug for a few days. That will help you to be sure everything are working right.

https://doc.osclass.org/Debug_PHP_errors

The OSC_DEBUG_LOG constant, added in version 2.3, logs these errors to a file called debug.log in oc-content folder.