Advertisement:

Author Topic: Advertisers do not receive email  (Read 297 times)

mgjfandroid

Advertisers do not receive email
« on: June 14, 2018, 09:03:51 am »
Hello everyone.
I'm using the Osclass script for a real estate classified in my area.Everything works perfectly except the email service. The advertiser does not receive any email from interested parties, nor does the standard osclass contact form receive emails.
I followed all the osclass documentation to configure the gmail server, I followed all the steps of google to prepare gmail, I have a dns account verified and configured in zoho mail, and also tried the custom settings, believe me ... I tried all the options possible,but I could not solve.
I read all the forum topics I could find during a week of research. The case is that when I configure the mail server and send a test email, it returns a 524 error at the timeout occurred, if I leave on port 25 and without the option SMTP marked it says to have been sent but does not send anything. The 524 error only appears when I select the SMTP authentication option enabled. Potfix was installed together with the LAMP stack. Is there an alternative for the advertiser contact form and default contact to work? I do not need automatic email templates. Do I need my advertisers to receive email from those interested, and users contact the administrator.
can anybody help me?
Thank you
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 03:51:12 am by mgjfandroid »

nightfly13

Re: [SOS] Advertisers do not receive email
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 02:41:01 am »
You set up your own server in home???

If yes you will have a dynamic ip, so you can receive with no problems, but to send you need to setup a relay account...

A server when send a email from a dynsmic ip is consider aand marked as spam...

Solution... Setup a relay account...

I do it in my server runing from my home and works fine... zero issues

mgjfandroid

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:10:38 am »
Hello nightfly13. Thank you very much for your response. Yes I have a dynamic IP. The problem is that smtp authentication does not work. When i enable SMTP authentication, any e-mail communication in the site returns a 524 error, if smtp authentication is disabled, the message does not arrive at its destination. I also tried a relay account like you mentioned, I used gmail in the G Suite, but it did not work.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 03:52:11 am by mgjfandroid »

nightfly13

Re: Advertisers do not receive email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 11:12:31 pm »
I configure this in ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server

1st you need to create a external email account (e.g. relay_email@gmail.com), i don't use google i try but i don't have good results...

This can be very tricky, so is good idea have a backup... I use clonezilla to bakup all server...

I use also ispconfig3 in my 14.04 Ububtu server to create the email accounts....

I strongly recommend search google about how create relay account in ubuntu 16.04, and proced with caution..

My server is full runing at 2 years , with no issues....

web2.my-server.com = yourservername
smtp.relay_email.com = E.g. smtp.gmail.com
myemail@relay_email.com = E.g. relay_email@gmail.com
1234567 = Password of your gmail account

2. Configure Postfix
Add the following to /etc/postfix/main.cf

Edit and change
myorigin = /etc/mailname
mydestination = web2.my-server.com, localhost, localhost.localdomain
# ############ Jcarrolo changes, add relay host ###########################
relayhost = [smtp.relay_email.com]:587
# #########################################################################

Edit and add:
virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
# ########### JCarrolo Changes for MEO relay account #########
smtp_sasl_auth_enable=yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter = AUTH LOGIN
smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtp_always_send_ehlo = yes
# #################################################################

Add the Rackspace Email username and password to /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd by running these commands:
1. echo '[smtp.relay_email.com]:587 myemail@relay_email.com:1234567' > /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
2. chmod 600 /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
3. postmap /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd

Restart Postfix…
/etc/init.d/postfix restart

Check the mail logs, you should see something like this:
Nov 23 10:46:05 web2 postfix/qmgr\[24259\]: 5497F3708AA:
from=<orders@myawesomeecommercesite.com>, size=1762, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov 23 10:46:05 web2 postfix/smtp\[1343\]:497F3708AA:to=<customer@someisp.com>,
relay=secure.emailsrvr.com\[98.129.185.2\]:25, delay=0.31, delays=0.02/0.01/0.19/0.1,
dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as B5E3D2D0476)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:23:18 pm by nightfly13 »

nightfly13

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 03:32:51 pm »
You need also to forward the ports in your router

mgjfandroid

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 11:41:25 pm »
Hello nightfly13.Thank's. I tried all the alternatives, but unfortunately I could not configure an e-mail server on my site. Alternatively, I'll let the advertiser's contact information appear, and the interested party will contact directly. Provisionally, contact with the administrator will be done as follows: https://github.com/dwyl/learn-to-send -email-via-google-script-html-no-server. In lost your password, I will adapt the same form (I will send a new password manually), until I migrate my hosting to the aws cloud. Where will I solve the email server problem. But it still does not work.

lisabacio

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 04:26:28 pm »
Hello nightfly13. Thank you very much for your response. Yes I have a dynamic IP. The problem is that smtp authentication does not work. When i enable subito.it SMTP authentication, any e-mail communication in the site returns a 524 error, if smtp authentication is disabled, the message does not arrive at its destination. I also tried a relay account like you mentioned, I used gmail in the G Suite, but it did not work.

Some problem.

Digitalsense

• Hello there! - digitalsense.in
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 07:25:01 am »
Guys you can use this plugin

https://market.osclass.org/plugins/messaging/sms-notification_936

It will send notifications via SMS so this way you are not worried about email getting sent or not as SMS will surely go when someone contacts via contact form or post an ad