Advertisement:

Author Topic: Duplicate pages with / at ending  (Read 139 times)

dev101

• Osclass Hero
  • osclass.work
Re: Duplicate pages with / at ending
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 01:11:00 am »
Aficionado, I know that... however, what I am talking about here is 301 redirect that core must internally perform (and it doesn't in "newer" versions because of some changes "back then").

Osclass doesn't use trailing slash, and that's it, however, if someone puts a deliberate slash, it should handle it automatically (and now it doesn't, but should). Got it? :)

edit: point is both urls are the same, they return 100% same content, so why treat them as separate / duplicate them?

In WordPress you have that folder/file logic, in Osclass you don't (and never was). All URLs were always without trailing slash.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:15:47 am by dev101 »

Aficionado

• issues
  • Hardliner
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 01:20:15 am »
@dev101 I was just posting some info, in general.

In my sites i don't see anything ending with a slash. Do you mean there are some url with slashes in Osclass ? Where ?

Or if i missunderstood, what must i search and how ? How can i check ? Do we send wrong info to search engines somewhere ?

dev101

• Osclass Hero
  • osclass.work
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 01:25:45 am »
No, under normal conditions you shouldn't see trailing slash, I was just saying if you put it *deliberately* or by mistake.

And to remove some doubt and fear, let's quote some lines from above Google doc you posted:

• If only one version can be returned (i.e., the other redirects to it), that’s great! This behavior is beneficial because it reduces duplicate content.
  • Leave it as-is. Many sites have duplicate content. Our indexing process often handles this case for webmasters and users. While it’s not totally optimal behavior, it’s perfectly legitimate and a-okay. :)

Either way, it will be OK from Google's PoV. However, let's make it better since we can IMHO ;)
And, it was working "better" in older versions.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:31:47 am by dev101 »