Advertisement:

Author Topic: GDPR Compliance and Osclass script  (Read 16796 times)

muratbora

Re: GDPR Compliance and Osclass script
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2018, 09:05:14 pm »
How to push? Please start a campaign and we support you...Let us to know what to be done?

Aficionado

« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2018, 09:07:53 pm »
How to push? Please start a campaign and we support you...Let us to know what to be done?

I did. This topic. And also an other similar topic 6 months ago. What else to do ?

As you can see there is practically no interest. 6-7 people participate. No interest. Personally i'm highly disappointed from this both from serious users/devs here and of cource Osclass Team.

marius-ciclistu

• issues
  • "BE GRATEFUL TO THOSE THAT SUPPORTED YOU"
« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2018, 09:50:21 pm »
Small chances of a free gdpr compliant new core.....

marius-ciclistu

• issues
« Reply #258 on: May 20, 2018, 09:14:48 am »
If it stops cookies from loading before user accept, it is ok...but it seemn that is for the previous law that states just to notify the user that you are using cookies.

p206ab

« Reply #259 on: May 24, 2018, 01:32:00 pm »
Cookies are easy to solve, a few checkboxes and notices plus a great privacy policy and that's fine on the front-end, but the backend needs work too, as we cannot store IP's from users anymore, not even temporary, without a good explanation on why we do, how we do and how long are these strored. In osclass they are permanently saved in users module? How to get rid of that?
Also the frontend alerts, if your theme has them, should save consent and it's opt-in date.

Aficionado

« Reply #260 on: May 24, 2018, 01:38:56 pm »
@p206ab Of cource we are allowed to store IP addresses. For many reasons. Security is one thing i can easily thik off.  Webserver logs do that also.

Who told you that we can't store IPs ?

If you post an ad in my site and i have your IP, how can i find out who you are ? Can i ?

I think all we have to do is explain in details what we do and why and that is enough.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 03:03:29 pm by Aficionado »

garciademarina

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: May 24, 2018, 02:48:20 pm »
Hi there,

We just upload a new plugin that will help you with Gdpr compliance, however installing this plugin it's not enough, it's mandatory that you understand Gdpr and make the necessary changes, like terms and conditions, privacy policy, cookies, ...

https://forums.osclass.org/plugins-20/gdpr-compliance-plugin/

Regards

Aficionado

« Reply #262 on: May 24, 2018, 03:20:55 pm »
as we cannot store IP's from users anymore, not even temporary, without a good explanation on why we do, how we do and how long are these strored. In osclass they are permanently saved in users module? How to get rid of that?
Also the frontend alerts, if your theme has them, should save consent and it's opt-in date.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16479995

p206ab

« Reply #263 on: May 24, 2018, 04:05:42 pm »
@p206ab Of cource we are allowed to store IP addresses. For many reasons. Security is one thing i can easily thik off.  Webserver logs do that also.

Who told you that we can't store IPs ?

If you post an ad in my site and i have your IP, how can i find out who you are ? Can i ?

I think all we have to do is explain in details what we do and why and that is enough.
The German goverment and their law :) As IP is considered personal data.

Aficionado

« Reply #264 on: May 24, 2018, 04:20:38 pm »

But here we are talking about GDPR and not German (or other local) laws.

Also i guess that German law is NOT new, so everyone running Osclass in Germany is already illegal ?

p206ab

« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2018, 06:15:34 pm »

But here we are talking about GDPR and not German (or other local) laws.

Also i guess that German law is NOT new, so everyone running Osclass in Germany is already illegal ?
Everyone running analytics is German is illegal as well :) Yes, Germany had a law like GDPR for a few years now. But the fact is that GDPR is just a "template", a guide or a base for individual country laws which will be accepted by each goverment individually. So if you are working internationally, you need to consider all laws individually, not just the GDPR regulations.

Aficionado

« Reply #266 on: May 24, 2018, 08:33:36 pm »

Everyone running analytics is German is illegal as well :) Yes, Germany had a law like GDPR for a few years now. But the fact is that GDPR is just a "template", a guide or a base for individual country laws which will be accepted by each goverment individually. So if you are working internationally, you need to consider all laws individually, not just the GDPR regulations.

And Adsense a assume, since if you just run Adsense (no Analutics), it is exactly the same. IPs are fully logged and processed.

Seems strange to me, that's all ....

marius-ciclistu

• issues
« Reply #267 on: May 24, 2018, 10:15:33 pm »
Update on this dumping solution to add also alerts
https://forums.osclass.org/general-help/gdpr-compliance-and-osclass/msg162176/#msg162176

I edited that solution.

BritWeb

• If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2018, 01:22:42 am »
Apologies if this has already been raised!

Wondering what the situation is when it comes to GDPR with the Ads being shared on social network by the site owners or users. It's likely that images from these Ads found their way onto Google Images and freely available on the world-wide-web.

Again phone numbers and in some cases, email addresses are displayed openly on their Ad page and these could be easily harvested by anyone with malicious intent - where does the site owner stand on this?

Regards

Aficionado

« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2018, 02:05:21 am »
Apologies if this has already been raised!

Wondering what the situation is when it comes to GDPR with the Ads being shared on social network by the site owners or users. It's likely that images from these Ads found their way onto Google Images and freely available on the world-wide-web.

Again phone numbers and in some cases, email addresses are displayed openly on their Ad page and these could be easily harvested by anyone with malicious intent - where does the site owner stand on this?

Regards

Keep in mind that all that GDPR doesn't apply to business posting ads for their product/service. GDPR is for INDIVIDUALS.

Other than that, GDPR doesn't concern the "body" of the ads or posts. It is not about that. Of cource their data will be indexed by search engines etc etc. because they want to be so.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:07:55 am by Aficionado »