Advertisement:

Author Topic: How long can you edit a post when you are not registered  (Read 1279 times)

Dannymh

How long can you edit a post when you are not registered
« on: May 08, 2011, 01:46:56 pm »
Hi,

I wanted to see how long after an advert is published when you are not registered, how long is that advert available for editing?

I have written a script that checks that adverts are expired, if they are expired I send out an email to the user saying "hi your advert is about to expire, if you would like to re-publish the post please go to"

The user is then allowed to re-publish their post.

However how would this work for users who have not registered?

Cheers
Dan

_CONEJO

• Administrator
Re: How long can you edit a post when you are not registered
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:22:18 am »
Hi Dannymh,

Users who didn't registered had a small amount of time to edit their item (20 minutes). Probably we should add options to customize, what do you think?

Besides that, it's a great idea to remember users that their ad is going to expired. We'll add that feature.

Thanks

Juan Ramón

• Osclass Developer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 10:08:48 pm »
Nice job @Dannymh. I'm anxious to see this plugin working! :)

Dannymh

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 03:04:32 am »
It would be great if this were customizable. I wanted to make signing up as quick and painless for users and my conclusion is that the best way to do this is to not force them to sign up, just let them post an add and make it always editable by using the the secret to access it.

If you can manage the time it is editable for that would be great.

The script I use is just a basic script outside of OSClass but I guess I should use the osClass system. I just use a cron to check once daily and then it does all the work.

One thing I am also doing is when a user Activates the advert it changes the published date to the current date and time so that the advert does not expire immediately but is in effect "recycled" .

Dan