Advertisement:

Author Topic: [SOLVED] [UPDATED] Market account suspened.  (Read 131 times)

patrickFromCroatia

[SOLVED] [UPDATED] Market account suspened.
« on: August 10, 2018, 12:49:48 pm »
Hello,

May I know why my account got suspended?

This behaviour is very unpolite, deleting products, products waiting to get approved and account without prior announcement.
Are my 2 new plugins reason? You could easily tell me and I would remove them.

This is sad, I'm very active on the forums and try to help when I can. I wanted to see if I can make some money on the side from that, the status in my country s*cks.

Does it have to do something with the way I made plugins, the code? I have created few plugins for osclass clients that way already, there were no issues.

Yes, I already contacted Osclass from their site, but according to how fast they are, I thought that I may get a response before Xmas if posting on forums.

Edit: Found a mail in spam folder, look what is says:

"Hi, your account in our market has been locked, Rackons has been banned in our Market due to spam and copyright infringement. This is the fourth account we have to lock due to his relationship with this developer.".

Who the f*ck is "Rackons"?

Edit 2: With further investigation, I have discovered that "Rackons" is a theme and plugin developer. One my client and I created a website (osclass-hub.com, not live and it looks like it will never be) where we wanted to sell osclass plugins. The client choose the name and bought the domain, that's when I started using 0sclassHub as an author in my plugins. But here's the deal, we (or at least I) didn't know about 0sclasshub.com, another site with the same name, which is in ownership of "Rackons".
So what happened? Just a name coincidence, the client I was working with and I choose a wrong, used name that was associated with a suspended account on the Osclass market. I am sorry for that, but I have nothing to do with "Rackons".

Regards.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:36:55 pm by patrickFromCroatia »

Resta

Re: [UPDATED] Market account suspened because of "Rackons" (who?).
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 02:50:16 pm »
Hello,

Patrick has always been helpful in the forums (I hope others who have received help from him will make a post in the thread in his favour).

Dear Osclass Team - I hope you will reevaluate your decision in light of Patrick's response above, to check again thoroughly, if Patrick is actually associated with Rackons or it is just a coincidence with the names and if they are both not associated then please reconsider your decision.

Thanks!

Aficionado

• issues
  • Hardliner
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:02:29 pm »
I don't understand what happened. There is NO "0sclasshub.com" site anywhere right now. And "0sclass-hub.com" is a Wordpress site, an empty one.

patrickFromCroatia

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 03:39:05 pm »
Hello,

Patrick has always been helpful in the forums (I hope others who have received help from him will make a post in the thread in his favour).

Dear Osclass Team - I hope you will reevaluate your decision in light of Patrick's response above, to check again thoroughly, if Patrick is actually associated with Rackons or it is just a coincidence with the names and if they are both not associated then please reconsider your decision.

Thanks!

Thank you. ;)

I don't understand what happened. There is NO "0sclasshub.com" site anywhere right now. And "0sclass-hub.com" is a Wordpress site, an empty one.

The site exists, replace 0 with o. When I place the address with o it gets replaced with market.osclass.org.

Regards.

p206ab

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 05:06:41 pm »
Full support to patrick, always here to give a hand. *highfive*
Those two links, one is a wordpress coming soon page, other one is called market, but it's Rackons marketplace, not the osclass one. Well in any case, I hope it gets resolved well for you.

As for Osclass team, and I know I'm probably gonna be banned for this, but I have to say:
you gave us a wonderful content management system, which we are all thankful for. But this monopoly ruling with Osclass Market should stop. I know you want to force as many plugins to be sold over Market, so you receive "maintenance fee", and I don't judge you on that, we're all here to make money from our creations, but the main reason, why most developers decide to make its own website to sell themes and plugins is not your fee, it's your unresponsiveness.
The waiting time to get each item reviewed is counted in months and sorry, but I find it hard to believe, that you get thousands of plugins every day submitted to the Market for a review. Prove me wrong and I'll take it back. Perhaps you get thousands of emails, but they are probably almost all in the form of "When will my theme be in review..."
So you need to make a decision..
either
run it as a company - be responsive, get more people to review submissions
or
leave it to community, less restricted, more open-source.

Faster review times mean more items in Market, more sales, more profit. Simple as that.
Being unresponsive means more and more developers selling their creations elsewhere, less "maintenance fee" etc. I know your team makes quite a few plugins, but most of them are still submitted by community and without them, Market would look quite empty.
Don't forget, that the person, who can code a plugin, is capable of making a shop by itself and it's likely that once many developers get annoyed, someone will make a marketplace that others will use too and compete with Osclass Market.
The only thing that keeps them here is the direct connection from Osclass admin to Market, which helps with the sales, especially with entry-level osclass users, perhaps used to Wordpress plugin installing style.

Well, that's my 2 cents. Goodbye.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:08:18 pm by p206ab »

patrickFromCroatia

Thank you all for your support! We made it! Osclass decided to re-enable my account and they even reviewed all plugins that I uploaded recently.

Advertisement warning :P

The plugins are on a launch discount, so I suggest you check them here: https://market.osclass.org/user/profile/36178

Thanks, regards.