Advertisement:

Author Topic: Android APK on market for 600 USD  (Read 945 times)

safeacid

Android APK on market for 600 USD
« on: December 12, 2016, 05:24:24 pm »
Recently OSCLASS created android APK, the cost is 600 usd
https://market.osclass.org/osclass-mobile-app-android-ios
In  the bottom is written - NOTE: Source code is not distributed.

Plus there is no clearly explained what frame work is using for JSON.

Actually there are nothing provided apart of nice price 600 USD.

My question - what is the point to sale application without source code ? :-\ :-\ :-\

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:46:37 pm by safeacid »

SteveJohnson

• Golden tip - Clear your cache :|
Re: Android APK on market for 600 USD
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:14:07 pm »
Recently OSCLASS created android APK, the cost is 600 usd
In  the bottom is written - NOTE: Source code is not distributed.

Plus there is no clearly explained what frame work is using for JSON.

Actually there are nothing provided apart of nice price 600 USD.

My question - what is the point to sale application without source code ? :-\ :-\ :-\

I wouldn't buy the osclass official android app yet. I tested it on my device, and i feel it requires quite a lot more work. It lacks some basic features .

safeacid

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 06:21:10 pm »
I wouldn't buy the osclass official android app yet. I tested it on my device, and i feel it requires quite a lot more work. It lacks some basic features .

Agree, but without source code what you buy ? RAW apk for 600 USD, for it seems as Christmas joke.

programista

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 08:41:01 pm »
Now this is interesting and i have the same questions.

I can tell you and 100% confirm that this official osclass app is using an rest api plugin, that is probably written by osclass team.

SO my question is, will this json api be available for free also in osclass?

Last time i checked there weren't many updates to the script, github has lot of issues still pending, i have also even get a message on github that the team don't have much time, but as we see, they have time to make native android and ios app without source code for 600USD and proper osclass rest api plugin (well this is for sure with source)

So can someone tell me what this means?

And of course if that rest api plugin will be free, cuz i was planning to make my own, so if it will be free, there is no point in starting to make it.

frosticek

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 11:39:11 pm »
Guys, generally I do not see reason why to care about apps. I understand it is so cool etc, but you do not need it:
- you are probably starting classifieds, if you do not have at least 10000 unique listings (no loans, spam, work offer...), noone will download it
- almost same you can do with responsive design, however it can be little slower or less convenient, but definitelly better solution that looking for app
- if you will start to get money from your classifieds, it will not be problem for you to hire developer and create custom app that will fit all your needs...

That is how I see it.
Price 600$ is there just becaues there is no other app, so if someone really wants it, 600$ will cover same amount as 60 people would buy it for 10$.... currently it is just monopol.

safeacid

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 12:11:34 am »

The question is that only APK can not cost 600 usd without source code.

What I will do without source code ? I need to generate a certificate to upload it into play store, if I want to update functions for APK, again I need source code to upload new version to Play store with new manifest....etc....

I can not understand what is actually on sale for 600 USD ?

programista

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 01:34:20 am »
On sale is a pre made app that can't be modified as much a you would like (no source) but they are giving some options and you can also use own cert and gplay account, just read the page.

But the app is not a problem as MB_Themes said, what bothers me is that community was asking for a proper rest api in osclass for years as it is a standard now and they didn't make it, but now, out of nothing, they are selling it with this app.

safeacid

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 02:18:54 am »
On sale is a pre made app that can't be modified as much a you would like (no source) but they are giving some options and you can also use own cert and gplay account, just read the page.

But the app is not a problem as MB_Themes said, what bothers me is that community was asking for a proper rest api in osclass for years as it is a standard now and they didn't make it, but now, out of nothing, they are selling it with this app.

Don't need an account in the app stores
We are in charge of the publication process!

So my APK will be under some other name in play store for 600 USD ?, no good deal at all.
Ok, never mind...

But it will be great to see rest api from osclass, agree 150%...!
May be this they can put on paid market :)

programista

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 02:38:49 pm »
Well you didn't check carefully.

Just click "see all features"

Then you have

If you need a custom development, with more features, drop us a line apps@osclass.org

We are in charge of the publication process. Each app will be published under Osclass account on the stores, GooglePlay and App Store. If you want to publish your app with owned store account, please send us a message apps@osclass.org

So you can do something more, just need to contact, but i agree with you on the app part, 600 usd without an app source is expensive and also any custom modification, you are forced to pay for osclass team services, even if you could for example as me (android dev) do it yourself.

So i would not buy it even for 20 usd, it would be better for that money to let someone do it for you, full app with source, but there is the problem of rest api, still.

Oh, and this is not the only osclass app available to buy, there are at least one company that i know of is selling apps also, but it looks like it is using web scrape + special mobile theme and not rest api. (but it is cheaper)

And if you can it would be nice if you update the first post with link to official osclass app https://market.osclass.org/osclass-mobile-app-android-ios

Marcus

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 12:30:33 pm »
Source code?

In a few weeks time, it'll be leaked to the Public and no one wants to buy anymore since it's already free.

Oh, and this is not the only osclass app available to buy, there are at least one company that i know of is selling apps also, but it looks like it is using web scrape + special mobile theme and not rest api. (but it is cheaper)
Yes, other site is cheaper. But they promised to deliver within 10 days and since 25th May 2016. I have not received. That's exactly 203 days and do you know how much do you have to renew Hosting especially for Serious Business and Dedicated Server and the fees to publish?
By then it's already over $600 and still no apps received.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:43:49 pm by Marcus »

programista

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 10:01:36 pm »
Can we have and official word from the osclass team if the rest api will be made available for free?