Advertisement:

Author Topic: [Plugin] Picture Director  (Read 39176 times)

Jesse

• Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes
[Plugin] Picture Director
« on: January 25, 2012, 06:55:04 pm »

This is a brand-new plugin that will allow users full control over how their pictures are arranged. This is done with easy click-and-drag sorting.

Additionally, Picture Director comes pre-loaded with 5 selectable templates which you can select from within the Admin panel. These templates give you different display options for your photos on the Item page. The templates are all customizable as well, but give a good starting-point for your own design.

Here's a run-down of what this plugin does:
  • Enables click-and-drag sorting of pictures by the user - new order is automatically saved
  • Pictures can be sorted from the User Account Manger and also the Item page (if the user is logged-in)
  • Included templates allow you to change the layout of the pictures on the Item page - these templates can be edited

See the plugin's Help page for the code that must be added to your pages (it's really simple!).

Thank you to Ingo for the ideas behind this plugin, and also to Jay for helping out with the debugging!  :)

Plugin zip file attached. Also some screen-shots below.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:10:31 pm by Jesse »

trains58554

• Osclass contributor
  • osCanyon, the class of Osclass
Re: [New Plugin] Picture Director
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:12:23 pm »
Hi Jesse,

I just want to say this plugin is very cool. I like all the different templates. I also really like how the user can reorder the pictures.

Thanks

Jay

Jesse

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 07:39:28 pm »
Thanks Jay! I've been quite excited about this plugin as well!  :)

I welcome any comments, suggestions, bug reports, etc. from anyone.

ingo

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 08:28:39 pm »
Hi Jesse,

Thank you for this plugin, I like the way you make it in Adminpanel and of course   functionality is just amazing,
For me It’s moust important plugin since offer button because such plugins makes this project unique

:)   Thanks

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:27:23 am by ingo »

Jesse

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 09:20:26 pm »
Thank you Ingo! As far as the admin panel, I wanted something more unique than the standard gray pages with plain text.  :) And hopefully, raise the bar a bit for showing what can be done on the admin pages.

seven

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 01:07:26 am »
I like this plugin! Perfect!

chofi

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 06:57:01 pm »
Hi Jesse
This can be done on item-post.php?
See the example on this site
http://clasipar.paraguay.com/publicar/anuncio/nuevo/casa_10
Chofi

Jesse

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 07:03:47 pm »
Hi Chofi,

No, not yet at least. My plugin works by using an existing item id #. So until an item is actually published, no ID number exists. I would certainly love to be able to have a more user-friendly image upload script on the item-post page, but I've yet to figure out how to do it myself.

I have no doubt there is a way to do this, and I will keep looking into it.

chofi

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 07:40:10 pm »
Jesse

Any ideas will appear. I'll try your plugin

Regards
Chofi

Jesse

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 08:05:48 pm »
I'm going to start working today to finally see about getting a better image-upload script for the item-post page. I wont touch the way OSClass actually uploads and processes images, rather, I'll try to create a new interface that will allow users to visually see "preview" images of their images selected for upload and also allow them to re-arrange them on the item-post page. If I can do all of this, I'll incorporate it into the Picture Director plugin. .... oh boy, wish me luck!

chofi

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 08:54:08 pm »
Jesse

Yeah, good luck and I hope you do.
regards

Chofi

Jesse

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 01:24:47 am »
After several hours of looking into this and trying out many upload/preview scripts (which I got working just fine by themselves), I'm concluding that I wont be able to do this very easily. The problem is, in order to get an image preview, the image must first be uploaded to the server, there is no way around that. In order to upload the image, a <form> must be used. But since the item-post page is already a form itself, I can not simply include a new form within the existing from. So the only real way to do this, is to integrate such a feature into the core of OSClass, which I'm not about to attempt at this time.

All in all, the current upload method works just fine. And with my plugin, once the pictures are uploaded, you can do anything you want with them. Sure, having an image preview during initial upload would be nice, so hopefully in the future this will happen.

My next step in development for Picture Director are some additional picture editing features, such as the ability to crop a photo, among other things. I'm open to any suggestions in this area!  :) What do you think would be a useful feature for you?

Swede

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 03:42:15 am »
Could you add a spinning "wait untill upload of picture is finnished" clock into this plugin?
osclass is missing that feature as of now.

Jesse

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 06:32:16 am »
Hi Swede,

Not really, because picture uploads are handled when either the edit item or post item forms are submitted. Although I'm no expert in php/jquery/ajax, so it may be feasible, but not for myself.  ;)

UPDATE: While I can't implement a true status bar, I have found an easy way to show any sort of "status" image you want, like a spinning gif image, etc., which I think is actually what you were asking for in your last post? I will post have posted a new topic about this here: http://forums.osclass.org/development/tip-add-an-upload-status-indicator-on-the-item-postedit-pages/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:43:17 am by Jesse »

trains58554

• Osclass contributor
  • osCanyon, the class of Osclass
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 05:58:10 am »
Hi Jesse,

I have made a few small changes so now this plugin can be translated.

Zip attached

Jay