Updated 12/31/2012The updates include:
- Fixed size issue preventing pictures from showing in Internet Explorer
- Ability to delete a photo and revert back to default "no-photo"
- Default photo is now displayed in the Dashboard on the page "My account" (assuming you've placed the correct code on that page as per plugin instructions)
Here's a simple plugin that will upload a picture and display it on the profile page, or where ever you'd like.
1) Download and install the plugin
2) Place this code on the theme page, user-profile.php
- make sure this code is place OUTSIDE of the existing form on that page
- this function will allow users to upload their profile picture
<?php profile_picture_upload(); ?>
3) Place this code on pages you wish to display the profile picture, including user-public-profile.php
<?php profile_picture_show(); ?>
This is a no-frills plugin, meaning it doesn't do anything but upload and display. The uploaded files are NOT re-sized, but are limited to file size (set at 500kb initially, you can change that).
You'll probably want to edit the file index.php within the plugin folder. There are several fields you can edit
, including the display width
of the picture.How To Use
To upload a picture, you just need to login
to your account, then from the account manager
, click on My account