Advertisement:

Author Topic: [Free Plugin] Anti Spam & Protection System  (Read 18798 times)

Sudo

Re: [Free Plugin] Anti Spam & Protection System
« Reply #615 on: July 12, 2017, 05:28:43 am »
Hi,
Checked developer console, didn't find anything remarkable.  Uninstalled and re-installed.  reset permissions on everything to 755, Re-check error logs, nothing.  Also have not made any changes to the core os-class. Very strange.....  I dunno know what else to try to get it to configure.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Sudo

Aficionado

• issues
  • Hardliner
« Reply #616 on: July 12, 2017, 11:21:29 am »
If users are behind NAT (common in IPv4 setups with limited pools), their IP can change in like 5 minutes, but they will usually be on the same network (e.g. A.B.C.*). However, are you really willing to block other 253 potential users (in case of IPv4)? Not including mobile networks with dynamic IPs, and open WiFis.

That kind of bans should be only temporary in nature, due to very high false positive risks. Identifying modern user by IP only is a thing of the past.

Who is talking about users ban ?

I was talking about an extra factor to mark an ad as a spam/scam. Nothing else.

Also the above scenarios, are just scenarios. Not what i'm seen in real onine site.

Aficionado

• issues
  • Hardliner
« Reply #617 on: July 12, 2017, 11:22:20 am »
Hi,
Checked developer console, didn't find anything remarkable.  Uninstalled and re-installed.  reset permissions on everything to 755, Re-check error logs, nothing.  Also have not made any changes to the core os-class. Very strange.....  I dunno know what else to try to get it to configure.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Sudo

is that an nginx server ?

dev101

• Osclass Hero
  • osclass.work
« Reply #618 on: July 12, 2017, 01:09:55 pm »
If users are behind NAT (common in IPv4 setups with limited pools), their IP can change in like 5 minutes, but they will usually be on the same network (e.g. A.B.C.*). However, are you really willing to block other 253 potential users (in case of IPv4)? Not including mobile networks with dynamic IPs, and open WiFis.

That kind of bans should be only temporary in nature, due to very high false positive risks. Identifying modern user by IP only is a thing of the past.

Who is talking about users ban ?

I was talking about an extra factor to mark an ad as a spam/scam. Nothing else.

Also the above scenarios, are just scenarios. Not what i'm seen in real onine site.
Whatever ban it is (user, ip, post), the information you are hoping to take into account is not a reliable factor. Let's stop there.

Sudo

« Reply #619 on: July 12, 2017, 06:06:22 pm »
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Sudo

is that an nginx server ?

Nope.

Aficionado

• issues
  • Hardliner
« Reply #620 on: July 13, 2017, 01:01:13 pm »
A problem with 1.7 (and previous versions). Location is always empty (with a comma).

Thanks !

Liath

• issues
  • #Kurt_Cobain { margin-bottom: -6.5ft; }
« Reply #621 on: July 13, 2017, 10:07:04 pm »
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Sudo
Please activate osclass debug mode, maybe there are some messages from interest to solve this problem: https://doc.osclass.org/Debug_PHP_errors

A problem with 1.7 (and previous versions). Location is always empty (with a comma).

Thanks !
i'll take a look there

Aficionado

• issues
  • Hardliner
« Reply #622 on: July 17, 2017, 03:51:05 pm »
An other also problem with 1.7.

Manually deleting banned users, needs some update in the counter on the top of the dashboard. Seems to be one user off.

I mean, i had two banned, deleted one by one, but at the end shows ONE. I need to refresh the page to get all cleared.

Thanks

Liath

• issues
« Reply #623 on: July 18, 2017, 02:22:21 am »
thx

Aficionado

• issues
  • Hardliner
« Reply #624 on: July 18, 2017, 08:20:30 pm »
Liath

Those are in my error.log (not debug.log). They could be because of your plugin ?

PHP Warning:  Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/oc-includes/osclass/ItemActions.php on line 358

PHP Warning:  Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/oc-includes/osclass/ItemActions.php on line 152

PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /home/oc-includes/osclass/ItemActions.php on line 1285
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 08:55:01 pm by Aficionado »

Liath

• issues
« Reply #625 on: July 18, 2017, 11:17:47 pm »
I don't have this messages, but i'll watch this... thank you

Aficionado

• issues
  • Hardliner
« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2017, 11:56:52 pm »
I don't have this messages, but i'll watch this... thank you

I didn't had this also. It seems to happens in July. Not sure from where it comes, i haven't touched anything for ages in Osclass, apart from your plugin. And PHP 7.1 from 7.0.x. Maybe that could also be the cause.

dev101

• Osclass Hero
  • osclass.work
« Reply #627 on: July 19, 2017, 03:25:16 am »
PHP Warning:  Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/oc-includes/osclass/ItemActions.php on line 358

PHP Warning:  Cannot assign an empty string to a string offset in /home/oc-includes/osclass/ItemActions.php on line 152

Don't think it is related to this plugin, this part of code is related to custom fields you have, and most probably the update to PHP 7.1 you did. Can you test posting some ads and make notes of the cf values you have entered? This will give us a clue.

PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /home/oc-includes/osclass/ItemActions.php on line 1285

[correction] Not sure about this one, could be also related to PHP 7.1, it is related to item price (sorry, misread the line number).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:27:59 am by dev101 »

Aficionado

• issues
  • Hardliner
« Reply #628 on: July 19, 2017, 10:08:01 am »

Don't think it is related to this plugin, this part of code is related to custom fields you have, and most probably the update to PHP 7.1 you did. Can you test posting some ads and make notes of the cf values you have entered? This will give us a clue.

[correction] Not sure about this one, could be also related to PHP 7.1, it is related to item price (sorry, misread the line number).

I don't have custom fields.

I will watch this closely and i just enabled also debug.

Can you explain to me when Osclass writes to error.log ? since no debug was enabled ?

dev101

• Osclass Hero
  • osclass.work
« Reply #629 on: July 19, 2017, 12:07:22 pm »
It's the same thing, your hosting has enabled it for you at all times.