Hi people, we're glad to announce that we're currently working on a "shop plugin" that will turn OSClass in a shop-site were your users will be able to sell & buy items. The development is quite advance at this stage and I'm writing this to know your opinions/ideas about it, so we could create an awesome product.
First, let's say what this plugins does (or intent to do) :
As seller :
- When posting an ad, it will ask you how many items do you have, if you accept paypal and bank transfers as method of payments (any other method we should consider? I think those are the most used)
As a buyer :
- You could buy items (1 or more - as many as the seller placed before)
- You could pay via paypal with only one-click (only if the seller accept it).
Then the process is "same" for both (seller/buyer) and it's similar to the one in eBay.
You have to "mark as" (mark as paid, mark as shipped, then the buyer vote the transaction and the seller vote it)
Note: If you pay with our paypal link, the item will be marked as paid automatically.
In addition to that, the plugin will also display user's profile, a page where you could see last items from that seller, their score (based on votes of the transactions), add it to your favorites or contact him.
You will also have a fav sellers page and alert system (like weekly or monthly alert on their last items)
Internal contact system, private messages as in the forum (no emails, so you could keep track of all of the messages).
- Buy/Sell items over OSClass
- Paypal support (the payment is done to the SELLER directly!)
- Process overview (know in which step of the process you are)
- Historical view of sold/bought items
- Rating system for sellers/buyers
- Favorite system
- Email/Alert system (know when an item of yours is sold, when your fav sellers/shops publish new items,...)
- Internal message system (keep track of all your communications with sellers/buyers)
- Allow digital goods to be delivered (it will allow to buy/sell downloadable things in a near future, but probably not at release day ;( )
WHAT WILL IT *NOT*
DO (in a near future):
- A bid system, it will be added in a far future, but not now
- Ask for a fee from the payments (but it could be added in the future, but not really planned) You could ask for them manually
So, Are we missing some kick-ass feature that should be included? Do you have any great idea to improve the design of the plugin? Tell us, we want to heard your suggestions!!