Advertisement:

Author Topic: Removing Location and Useful Information from my website  (Read 244 times)

Faïti

Removing Location and Useful Information from my website
« on: June 16, 2017, 08:23:12 pm »
Hi guys, I am attempting at removing the followings from my website:

1- Location from search bar (see screenshot) I've looked in Main.php and used <!-- content hidden --> as some old topics suggest resulting in a blank page from my website. My page is back after removing my mishap. Can you point me to what should be hidden?

2- Search location in the search box on the category page. I only want "your search" and "category" here and remove the "city" (see screenshot) I guess the answer is in Seach.php but I don't know what to remove or hide. I'd rather be hiding some code for now to avoid messing up.

3- In the same page I want to remove the "example city or anywhere" from the listing. (see screenshot)

4- In the listing page I would like to remove "anywhere or example city" and again the "city" in the search box (see screenshot)

-5 And finally I would like to remove the Useful Information on the listing page. (see screenshot)

I've numbered the screenshot to avoid confusion  ;D

Cheers,
Faiti

gave

Re: Removing Location and Useful Information from my website
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 07:17:38 pm »
Just have some input for 5,  it is found in your theme's item.php template file most likely

search for these lines, and you may remove them without miuch trouble

Code: [Select]
<div id="useful_info" class="bordered-box">
        <h2><?php _e('Useful information''bender'); ?></h2>
        <ul>
            <li><?php _e('Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal''bender'); ?></li>
            <li><?php _e('Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services''bender'); ?></li>
            <li><?php _e('Don\'t buy or sell outside of your country. Don\'t accept cashier cheques from outside your country''bender'); ?></li>
            <li><?php _e('This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"''bender'); ?></li>
        </ul>
    </div>

As for the location search, it is far more complicated to fully remove, disable, your site will still be able to perform local searches and have locals posted - unfortunately I havent found a full solution yet to disable osclass locals, even tho it is veery useful for some digital only catalogs eg domains, sites, software bits  or just services that are performed online.

I hope this helps;